Reasons and solutions of poor gloss of using color masterbatch
Color masterbatch is a common plastic coloring material, which is easy to operate and has good dispersibility. Some users have reported that the product coloring with color masterbatch has a problem of poor gloss, which may be due to the following reasons:
- The nozzle temperature of the injection molding machine is too low;
- The mold of the injection molding machine is not smooth;
- The molding cycle of the product is too long;
- Excessive titanium dioxide contained in the color masterbatch;
- Poor dispersion of masterbatch.
- If the masterbatch uses PP as the carrier, 3% EBS can be added to improve the gloss effect. It is necessary to add 0.5% of CaSt and ZnSt to stabilize the molecular structure of PP during the molding process.
- If the masterbatch is applied to the injection molded product, 2% TiO2 or whitening agent may be added;
- If the application is in blow molding or blown film, the formula is as simple as possible, but the amount of the dispersant is increased to make it fully dispersed;
- 4, pay attention to the mixing material into small particles can increase the output and avoid the feed back.