When people buy masterbatch, they are not only concerned about its price, but also about its quality. In actual production, many factors will affect the quality of the product.
1.Dispersion: The masterbatch is produced using carbon black. Raw carbon black is a very difficult and dirty mixture, and it is difficult to disperse. If the raw carbon black is directly melted during injection molding, the coloring effect will be very poor. Carbon black streaks and spots with no dispersion will show up clearly if they lean against less colored areas. Standard injection molding machines cannot effectively disperse carbon black. In order to achieve a stable high dispersion, it is necessary to use a high-level shearing machine to mix carbon black, such as a mixture of FCM or BANBURY. With sufficient strength, these mixers can completely mix carbon black and base resin together. The type of carbon black used also affects the color dispersion. The smaller the carbon black particles, the more difficult the dispersion.
2. Covering power: This factor is especially important for color masterbatches used for waste or recycled polymers. In these cases, the role of black is to cover other colors in the waste. The coloring ability of large-particle carbon black is poor, and it is not easy to cover all other colors in the lower layer. As a result, the product only gets the deviated color. In the melting process, the ability to correctly select carbon black with high coloring ability to cover the existing color is the so-called covering power;
3. Rheology: If a masterbatch itself has good dispersion, but it cannot flow into the material to be molded, the production effect is not ideal. Generally speaking, the base resin used for the production of masterbatch has high rheology. In order to save costs, some manufacturers use reusable materials, waste materials or recycled materials as resin carriers;
4. Compatibility: If the masterbatch is produced from chips or recycled materials, it may contain contaminants or other infusible polymers. This will cause some unpredictable troubles that are difficult to restrain, and waste consumers' time and raw materials. At this time, the base resin can be used for production, and the masterbatch will have good compatibility during the melting process. Products can be produced using LLDPE, LDPE, HDPE, PP, PS, SAN, PA and other materials;
5. Stability: In today's internationalized economy, it is necessary for international customers to have high requirements for the quality of masterbatch and the stable performance of raw materials. This is also the fifth factor that determines product quality. One of the main manifestations of stability is the stable carbon black ratio. If the percentage of carbon black fluctuates, the amount of masterbatch that needs to be melted is not the same, and it is impossible to produce products of the same color;
6. Color brightness: There are various types of carbon black on the market that can be used for the coloring of this product, but various colors and prices are also very different. Large particle carbon black has a lower degree of coloration and a different background color than small particle carbon black. Large-grain black masterbatch is suitable for the production of films such as garbage bags, but not suitable for the production of products that focus on aesthetics, such as TV signs or places that require UV protection, such as agricultural films or external pipes.