The classification methods of masterbatch are commonly used in the following types:
Classification by carrier: such as PE masterbatch, PP masterbatch, ABS masterbatch, PVC masterbatch, EVA masterbatch, etc.
Classification by use: such as injection masterbatch, blown masterbatch, spinning masterbatch, etc.
Each variety can be divided into different grades, such as:
- Advanced injection masterbatch: used in cosmetic packaging boxes, toys, electrical appliance shells and other advanced products.
- Ordinary injection masterbatch: used for general daily plastic products, industrial containers, etc.
- Advanced blown film masterbatch: used for coloring of ultra-thin products.
- Ordinary blown film masterbatch: used for coloring of general packaging bags and woven bags.
- Spinning masterbatch: Used for spinning and coloring of textile fibers. The pigment particles of the masterbatch are fine, with high concentration, strong tinting strength, good heat resistance and light resistance.
- Low-level masterbatch: used to manufacture low-level products that do not require high color quality, such as trash cans and low-level containers.
- Special masterbatch: It is a masterbatch manufactured by using the same plastic as the carrier according to the plastic variety specified by the user for the product. For example, PP masterbatch and ABS masterbatch use PP and ABS as carriers respectively.
- General color masterbatch: It also uses a certain resin (often low-melting point PE) as a carrier, but it can be applied to the coloring of other resins other than its carrier resin. General masterbatch is relatively simple and convenient, but it has many disadvantages. It is recommended that users choose special masterbatch.
- The heat-resistant grade of the special color masterbatch is generally compatible with the plastic used in the product, and it can be used with confidence at normal temperature. Only in the following cases will it cause discoloration to varying degrees, one is that the temperature is outside the normal range, and the other is that the downtime is too long.